Monday 23 September 2013

Quizzes and Games

Creating an easy quiz on prepositions of time using Hot Potatoes wasn’t very challenging. I just downloaded the program and followed the instructions. The result is 11 questions with 4 multiple choice answers each. This is a good quiz to practice the prepositions of time (In/At/On and no preposition) with my 1and 2 level students.  The most difficult part for me, however, was figuring out how to upload the file on my wiki. First, I had to go back to the quiz and save it in htm format as it was saved in jqz. (I had to go to File, then Create Web Page and from there Save in htm.)  After that, I opened my wiki, went to Pages and Files, then Uploaded the file and at the end I created a link.

For the second activity I used Puzzle Maker  (a puzzle generation tool for teachers and students ) and created a crisscross and a maze. The only problem is that these activities cannot be done online. They should be printed first, as there is no longer a way to save them to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment